Where wisdom strives to be perfect and perfection needs improvement.

I don't care about the sunshine... Cuz Mama I'm coming home...

I kept walking for another kilometer. I had no idea where I was going. The thought of doing something so unplanned like this scared me. But I kept going. Not knowing where to go was very perplexing. But there was a feeling that kept me going. I looked at all the shops on the streets as I was walking. Some of them were still open but there was no one inside which meant something had happened to this town and suddenly everyone disappeared. That seemed illogically scary. 

After walking the streets and finding nothing significant for an hour, I sat down on a bench just outside this park that I found. It was named Rosewater Park. Something about that park attracted me. It was like I had been here before and had some nice memories here with someone. As I was pondering about what to do next, I heard a noise near the small stairs leading to the park. Out of curiosity, I got up and started walking towards it. I heard a song playing, not very clear, like on an old radio or something.

You made me cry, you told me lies
But I can't stand to say goodbye
Mama, I'm comin home
I could be right, I could be wrong
It hurts so bad it's been so long
Mama, I'm comin home

There was someone sitting on the stairs listening to the radio. I breathed a sigh of relief now that I found someone else in the town. May be she knew what was going on and where everyone was. 

"Umm... Excuse me...", I said and she looked up with her eyes were all wet and sore. It seemed like she had been crying for hours. 

"Are you okay? Do you know what's happening here?", I asked a little concerned and worried."

"Oh! There you are! I've been waiting for you!", she surprised me when she jumped up and embraced me. I guessed she was mistaking me with someone else.

"Umm... I beg your pardon. Do I know you?", I said a little hesitantly.

"Ah! NO you are not him! I am sorry.", she started crying and I did not know what to do.

"Is there anything I can do for you? My name is...", I paused for what seemed to be just a moment trying to remember what my name was.  I got a little uncomfortable when I couldn't remember my name. How could anyone forget their own name! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I looked away for a moment hoping she won't realize how uncomfortable I was getting and I spotted a movie poster - Kate and Leopold. To quickly get out of this embarrassing situation, I made up a name and told her I was Leo.
She took a few seconds to herself and stopped crying.

"Krystal. I am Krystal. I have lost someone and I can't seem to find him. I woke up this morning and he was gone. I have been looking for him all day. And there seems to be no one in town today. Like everyone has gone somewhere.  You are the only person I've seen here. Leo. What are you up to?"

"I umm... I'm looking for something too. I am not exactly sure what it is. But I got a letter."

"At least you got a letter. He left me without even saying goodbye. I don't know what to do anymore. I guess he will be back if I wait for him here until its dark. We were supposed to meet in the park this evening."

"I hope you find him. I should go now and search for the thing before it gets dark. Take care Krystal."

"You too Leo."

They say misery loves company and I sure was a little relieved to find someone else in the town besides me. But I didn't know yet why I was miserable. It seemed to me that I was supposed to look for something that I didn't even know! I had forgotten my name, couldn't understand how people can disappear overnight like that or why would someone send me a letter without anything written on it. And how did I suddenly turn up in Silent Hill! I had started feeling as if I was dreaming but even if I was, it was the most lucid dream I've ever had. More like a peaceful nightmare. Nothing was wrong but I couldn't think of anything that I could say was right either.
Observing life, Expressing thoughts, Being Immature, Being Wise.
Rishi Talreja
blog comments powered by Disqus